At Israel's Holocaust memorial today, the country's very high-tech 84-year-old president asked students representing 60 countries, "Who here has heard about Facebook?" the Associated Press reports. "Nearly all in attendance raised their hands. 'You can fight anti-Semitism using social networks, like Facebook,' he continued." President Peres has his own blog and Web site but not (yet?) a social-networking profile. The AP adds that Peres met with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, last week.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Millennials’ changing social media use: Survey
- Heard of Twitch? Amazon has!
- Dealing with the nasties online
- Leadership in bullying prevention and so much more
- Kindness really could be going viral! Just look…
- More clarity on teens’ ‘Am I pretty?’ videos
- A bit of videogaming is good for kids: Study
- Virginia teen sexting case: (Somewhat) reduced injustice
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Internet Governance Forum topics include human rights, network neutrality and child protection
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech
- It’s time for schools to upgrade both technology and pedagogy
- Why Google (and Facebook) should admit kids under 13
- As Ferguson struggles, Georgia teens create app to rate police departments
- Tech can make driving dangerous, but also safer
- IAC’s Ask.com buys Ask.fm and hires a safety officer to stem bullying
- Massive data breach shows skills of Russian hackers