Yahoo has a new niche social site for college students that's supposed to be more professional than social but not quite as professional as LinkedIn.com, a PC World blog reports. Apparently a profile on "Kickstart" is designed to be more like a resume than a place for friends' "pokes" and comments. The site's photo upload page reminds users, "You'll want to use a professional-looking photo, since your future boss may see this."
Safer Internet Day 2105
- The policy of student data privacy
- News & views from ConnectSafely: April 23, 2015
- Cyberbullying is not a joke: Celebrities and public figures can make a difference
- Facebook’s Scrapbook encourages photos of children, but think before you post
- Pew Survey: Reports of Facebook’s demise among teens greatly exaggerated
- Should I worry about my teens texting?
- Chromebooks & Google Apps appeal to schools & consumers
- Raising digital kids: 10 tips for improving parent-teen relationships
- Setting screen-time limits – for parents
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals on digital abuse programs
- Parent bullying: The one-upper society
- What is the best way to introduce screen media to our three-and-a-half-year-old?
- Internet Explorer had a long and important life, but it’s time to move on
- Seven good smartphone security habits
- Arkansas bill puts youth safety and privacy in jeopardy