PBS’s Frontline visited the giant BlogHer conference of women bloggers in Chicago, July ’09, and interviewed a number of speakers and bloggers, including ConnectSafely co-director Anne Collier (on all that’s going on in videogames), author and New York Times Motherlode columnist Lisa Belkin, and Free Range Kids author and blogger Lenore Skenazy (who recently contributed to this site, too). See Anne’s Advice for Parents in Frontline’s latest project on life online: Digital Nation.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Mobile rules in the US now too
- What are we really seeing in the social media fishbowl?
- Spoiler alert: Kid loves teaching Twitter to Dad
- At the IGF: Youth participation = greater youth e-safety
- Enabling peer protection: Knowledge is empowerment
- Millennials’ changing social media use: Survey
- Heard of Twitch? Amazon has!
- Dealing with the nasties online
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- High school kids show strong support for First Amendment
- UN bringing child rights into the digital age
- IGF attendees complain about censorship in Turkey while some advocate it for youth
- Internet Governance Forum topics include human rights, network neutrality and child protection
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech
- It’s time for schools to upgrade both technology and pedagogy
- Why Google (and Facebook) should admit kids under 13
- As Ferguson struggles, Georgia teens create app to rate police departments