PBS’s Frontline visited the giant BlogHer conference of women bloggers in Chicago, July ’09, and interviewed a number of speakers and bloggers, including ConnectSafely co-director Anne Collier (on all that’s going on in videogames), author and New York Times Motherlode columnist Lisa Belkin, and Free Range Kids author and blogger Lenore Skenazy (who recently contributed to this site, too). See Anne’s Advice for Parents in Frontline’s latest project on life online: Digital Nation.
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- A positive, insightful new book for schools on bullying
- Students called heroes in this 6th-grade class
- In the face of school violence, what do we default to?
- Popularity: The other kind of vulnerability
- FB & Oculus VR: The potential of a virtual-reality platform
- What’s (importantly) different about Snapchat
- We ‘like’ faces in social media: Study
- Yik Yak update: How the app came to geo-fence off US schools
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Facebook’s ‘Nearby Friends’ feature: What you need to know
- Identity theft a problem from cradle to grave — Kids most vulnerable
- How to protect your family from Heartbleed security flaw (slideshow)
- Beware of Heartbleed inspired phishing scams
- Are sites you use vulnerable to Heartbleed security flaw?
- Microsoft ends support of Windows XP: Machines highly vulnerable to security risks
- The evolution of online safety: Lessons learned over 20 years
- Safety through mindfulness: Watch ‘The Science of Character’