PBS’s Frontline visited the giant BlogHer conference of women bloggers in Chicago, July ’09, and interviewed a number of speakers and bloggers, including ConnectSafely co-director Anne Collier (on all that’s going on in videogames), author and New York Times Motherlode columnist Lisa Belkin, and Free Range Kids author and blogger Lenore Skenazy (who recently contributed to this site, too). See Anne’s Advice for Parents in Frontline’s latest project on life online: Digital Nation.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Millennials’ changing social media use: Survey
- Heard of Twitch? Amazon has!
- Dealing with the nasties online
- Leadership in bullying prevention and so much more
- Kindness really could be going viral! Just look…
- More clarity on teens’ ‘Am I pretty?’ videos
- A bit of videogaming is good for kids: Study
- Virginia teen sexting case: (Somewhat) reduced injustice
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech
- It’s time for schools to upgrade both technology and pedagogy
- Why Google (and Facebook) should admit kids under 13
- As Ferguson struggles, Georgia teens create app to rate police departments
- Tech can make driving dangerous, but also safer
- IAC’s Ask.com buys Ask.fm and hires a safety officer to stem bullying
- Massive data breach shows skills of Russian hackers
- Google to reward sites with HTTPS security in search rankings