I’m a long-time fan of author Annie Fox, who teaches life literacy to tweens and teens through her writing and “Hey Terra!” advice site. So it was great to see she has a new book out: Real Friends vs. the Other Kind, the second in her new “Middle School Confidential” series. The book offers “insider information on making friends, resolving disputes, and dealing with common hazards of the middle school social scene – like gossip, exclusion, and cyberbullying, its press release says. There’s also expert advice on crushes, peer pressure, and being there for friends who need help.” Here’s Fox’s site.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Leadership in bullying prevention and so much more
- Kindness really could be going viral! Just look…
- More clarity on teens’ ‘Am I pretty?’ videos
- A bit of videogaming is good for kids: Study
- Virginia teen sexting case: (Somewhat) reduced injustice
- ‘Revenge porn’: Exposing cruel disclosure
- Zooming in on social norms (sidebar)
- Beginning of the end of #purge, revenge porn or social cruelty?
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Why Google (and Facebook) should admit kids under 13
- As Ferguson struggles, Georgia teens create app to rate police departments
- Tech can make driving dangerous, but also safer
- IAC’s Ask.com buys Ask.fm and hires a safety officer to stem bullying
- Massive data breach shows skills of Russian hackers
- Google to reward sites with HTTPS security in search rankings
- Five teens & ‘one mature adult’ create Push for Pizza app
- Safe computing includes minding your ergonomics