Don't let your kids sit in front of a screen all day. Put them on a healthy media diet.
Archive | Safety Advice Articles RSS feed for this section
Talking with your kids can go a long way towards keeping them safe.
Learn to recognize tricks predators use to lure teens into sexual encounters.
by Anne Collier In this latest phase of the Web, when anybody can be a publisher, videographer, or instant celebrity, many parents are concerned about what can happen to their kids' reputations and future prospects. We're beginning to see news reports picking up on this (see "What you say online could haunt you" in USATODAY, […]
Safer Internet Day 2105
- Emotional spring cleaning helps develop grit
- Social contexts of youth bullying
- Most teens don’t use anonymous apps but here’s advice for those who do
- New Flickr 4.0 will store ALL your family photos for free and help you find and organize them
- Let’s not create a moral panic over ‘Game of 72′ rumors of disappearing kids
- Site shows publicly available information based on your phone number
- Controversial anonymous app Secret to close
- ConnectSafely releases A Parents’ Guide to Student Data Privacy
- Curious launches free ‘lean-back’ online courses
- The policy of student data privacy
- News & views from ConnectSafely: April 23, 2015
- Cyberbullying is not a joke: Celebrities and public figures can make a difference
- Facebook’s Scrapbook encourages photos of children, but think before you post
- Pew Survey: Reports of Facebook’s demise among teens greatly exaggerated
- Should I worry about my teens texting?