Talking to your kids can go a long way.
Archive | Safety Advice Articles RSS feed for this section
by Larry Magid A famous cartoon from the New Yorker shows a dog sitting in front of a computer telling another dog, “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.” But now, thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about you. Or at least they might be able to find out. Online reputations are […]
Kids use cell phones in different ways than adults. It's time for adults to learn to text and kids to learn some safety tips.
Don't let your kids sit in front of a screen all day. Put them on a healthy media diet.
Talking with your kids can go a long way towards keeping them safe.
Learn to recognize tricks predators use to lure teens into sexual encounters.
by Anne Collier In this latest phase of the Web, when anybody can be a publisher, videographer, or instant celebrity, many parents are concerned about what can happen to their kids' reputations and future prospects. We're beginning to see news reports picking up on this (see "What you say online could haunt you" in USATODAY, […]
The One Good Thing project
The vast majority of things that happen online are positive. Let's tell that story - together. Learn more
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Social media snapshot: Indonesia
- Digital Citizenship Week Oct. 19 – 25 | Of young people’s (not just digital) citizenship
- About our strange way of understanding teen sexting
- Zooming in on ‘screentime’ (this time with more precision)
- Protecting student privacy calls for student participation
- So-called Snapchat hack & the question of where to place trust
- Why defining ‘bullying’ is important for schools
- Does digital downtime fix FOMO?
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Digital citizenship applies to adults as well as youth: Conversation with Rebecca Randall of Common Sense Media
- Larry Magid speaks with Mike Ribble on the meaning of ‘digital citizenship’ (podcast)
- Digital Citizenship Week Oct. 19 – 25 | Digital Citizenship Week is a time to recognize youth rights
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals regarding online privacy, safety and security
- Why cybersecurity is patriotic and humanistic
- National Cyber Security Month: Why cyber security matters to everyone
- High school kids show strong support for First Amendment
- UN bringing child rights into the digital age