Here’s some clarification, food for thought, ideas for family discussion, and a recommended curriculum for schools.
Archive | Safety Advice Articles RSS feed for this section
We’re seeing some big victimization numbers, but let’s be sure we really know what cyberbullying is.
What to do when, where the social Web's concerned, the law protects sites more than users?
The feds have indicted 11 people for stealing millions of credit card numbers from the wireless networks of major retailers. What can you do to protect your family and your wireless network?
Here's help for non-digital natives who wonder what this online video phenomenon is all about and why it's so compelling to online kids.
What cyberbullying looks like in virtual worlds for children
An interview with David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center and a leading scholar on Internet safety
In response to a New Jersey mom's question about her daughter's photo-sharing nightmare, some advice from a police detective and a psychiatrist
Parents need to be parents but we also need to avoid buying into Internet safety myths. Teens may be more net-savvy than you think. Focus on real issues, pick your battles and encourage young people to be smart socializers.
What are the signs of this new sort of “addiction,” and what should a parent do if they’re apparent in a child? See what Dr. Block says….
Safer Internet Day 2105
- Annie Fox: A Bully? My Kid? Impossible!
- LTE Broadcast technology could change mobile video experience
- YouTube Kids can be a parent’s best friend
- A YouTube for the littlest video viewers
- Teachers: Create your own online courses with Versal
- Warren Blumenfeld: We are “carefully taught” to hate
- A conversation with Esther Wojcicki on ‘Moonshots in Education’
- Banning Yik Yak from colleges is counterproductive
- ‘Tread carefully’ before regulating Internet of Things
- From public shaming to public compassion
- Hani Kahn: Muslims using social media to ‘spark a social movement’
- ‘Revenge porn’ is about betrayal, not pornography
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo on U.S Safer Internet Day 2015
- Safer Internet Day With Sheryl Sandberg, Kamala D. Harris and the Spirit of Martin Luther King Jr
- Youth participation’s growing momentum