Here are some helpful facts to keep in mind when you’re confronted with yet another news report about predators in social network sites.
Archive | Safety Advice Articles RSS feed for this section
Some medical researchers found that a bit of solid, relevant information – clearly stated and from an expert – can really help.
A look at the first study about the nude photo-sharing that has been reported in more than a dozen states – and some thoughts on the why of this and other types of teen self-exposure online
If a young gamer’s showing signs of addiction, “cold turkey” is far from the best course of action, Dr. Block suggests. Here’s why….
Here’s some clarification, food for thought, ideas for family discussion, and a recommended curriculum for schools.
We’re seeing some big victimization numbers, but let’s be sure we really know what cyberbullying is.
What to do when, where the social Web's concerned, the law protects sites more than users?
The feds have indicted 11 people for stealing millions of credit card numbers from the wireless networks of major retailers. What can you do to protect your family and your wireless network?
Here's help for non-digital natives who wonder what this online video phenomenon is all about and why it's so compelling to online kids.
What cyberbullying looks like in virtual worlds for children
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- What are we really seeing in the social media fishbowl?
- Spoiler alert: Kid loves teaching Twitter to Dad
- At the IGF: Youth participation = greater youth e-safety
- Enabling peer protection: Knowledge is empowerment
- Millennials’ changing social media use: Survey
- Heard of Twitch? Amazon has!
- Dealing with the nasties online
- Leadership in bullying prevention and so much more
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- High school kids show strong support for First Amendment
- UN bringing child rights into the digital age
- IGF attendees complain about censorship in Turkey while some advocate it for youth
- Internet Governance Forum topics include human rights, network neutrality and child protection
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech
- It’s time for schools to upgrade both technology and pedagogy
- Why Google (and Facebook) should admit kids under 13
- As Ferguson struggles, Georgia teens create app to rate police departments