A look at the first study about the nude photo-sharing that has been reported in more than a dozen states – and some thoughts on the why of this and other types of teen self-exposure online
Archive | Safety Advice Articles RSS feed for this section
If a young gamer’s showing signs of addiction, “cold turkey” is far from the best course of action, Dr. Block suggests. Here’s why….
Here’s some clarification, food for thought, ideas for family discussion, and a recommended curriculum for schools.
We’re seeing some big victimization numbers, but let’s be sure we really know what cyberbullying is.
What to do when, where the social Web's concerned, the law protects sites more than users?
The feds have indicted 11 people for stealing millions of credit card numbers from the wireless networks of major retailers. What can you do to protect your family and your wireless network?
Here's help for non-digital natives who wonder what this online video phenomenon is all about and why it's so compelling to online kids.
What cyberbullying looks like in virtual worlds for children
An interview with David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center and a leading scholar on Internet safety
In response to a New Jersey mom's question about her daughter's photo-sharing nightmare, some advice from a police detective and a psychiatrist
Safer Internet Day 2105
- Cyberbullying is not a joke: Celebrities and public figures can make a difference
- Facebook’s Scrapbook encourages photos of children, but think before you post
- Pew Survey: Reports of Facebook’s demise among teens greatly exaggerated
- Should I worry about my teens texting?
- Chromebooks & Google Apps appeal to schools & consumers
- Raising digital kids: 10 tips for improving parent-teen relationships
- Setting screen-time limits – for parents
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals on digital abuse programs
- Parent bullying: The one-upper society
- What is the best way to introduce screen media to our three-and-a-half-year-old?
- Internet Explorer had a long and important life, but it’s time to move on
- Seven good smartphone security habits
- Arkansas bill puts youth safety and privacy in jeopardy
- Android apps to get age rating and manual review
- Facebook clarifies policies on nudity, hate speech and other community standards