In Februrary 2012, ConnectSafely co-directors Larry Magid and Anne Collier were invited to speak at Russia’s Safer Internet Day conferences in Moscow. Here are some of their presentations: Digital literacy, digital citizenship (Anne Collier) Internet Safety: Some Context (Anne Collier) A (very) brief history of US Internet Safety (Anne Collier) From child exploitation to bubble-wrapped […]
Archive | Presentations RSS feed for this section
A narrated slide show with ConnectSafely co-directors Larry Magid and Anne Collier (16:27) Click here to view.
PDF files you can download and print* Tips to prevent sexting Tips to help stop cyberbullying Social Web safety tips for teens Videogaming Tips Kids’ Virtual World safety tips Virtual World safety tips for parents of teens Social Web safety tips for parents Cellphone safety tips Video-sharing safety tips Chatroom safety tips
A PowerPoint presentation given by ConnectSafely.org co-director Larry Magid at the Internet Education Foundation’s first conference on cellphone-based social mapping, “Location Meets Social Networking,” in 2007.Click here to view.
Safer Internet Day 2105
- Online safety is not just ‘about life’
- Annie Fox: A Bully? My Kid? Impossible!
- LTE Broadcast technology could change mobile video experience
- YouTube Kids can be a parent’s best friend
- A YouTube for the littlest video viewers
- Teachers: Create your own online courses with Versal
- Warren Blumenfeld: We are “carefully taught” to hate
- A conversation with Esther Wojcicki on ‘Moonshots in Education’
- Banning Yik Yak from colleges is counterproductive
- ‘Tread carefully’ before regulating Internet of Things
- From public shaming to public compassion
- Hani Kahn: Muslims using social media to ‘spark a social movement’
- ‘Revenge porn’ is about betrayal, not pornography
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo on U.S Safer Internet Day 2015
- Safer Internet Day With Sheryl Sandberg, Kamala D. Harris and the Spirit of Martin Luther King Jr