In Februrary 2012, ConnectSafely co-directors Larry Magid and Anne Collier were invited to speak at Russia’s Safer Internet Day conferences in Moscow. Here are some of their presentations: Digital literacy, digital citizenship (Anne Collier) Internet Safety: Some Context (Anne Collier) A (very) brief history of US Internet Safety (Anne Collier) From child exploitation to bubble-wrapped […]
Archive | Presentations RSS feed for this section
A narrated slide show with ConnectSafely co-directors Larry Magid and Anne Collier (16:27) Click here to view.
PDF files you can download and print* Tips to prevent sexting Tips to help stop cyberbullying Social Web safety tips for teens Videogaming Tips Kids’ Virtual World safety tips Virtual World safety tips for parents of teens Social Web safety tips for parents Cellphone safety tips Video-sharing safety tips Chatroom safety tips Online Safety 3.0: […]
A PowerPoint presentation given by ConnectSafely.org co-director Larry Magid at the Internet Education Foundation’s first conference on cellphone-based social mapping, “Location Meets Social Networking,” in 2007.Click here to view.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- About our strange way of understanding teen sexting
- Zooming in on ‘screentime’ (this time with more precision)
- Protecting student privacy calls for student participation
- So-called Snapchat hack & the question of where to place trust
- Why defining ‘bullying’ is important for schools
- Does digital downtime fix FOMO?
- Powerful lessons for preventing bullying & cyberbullying
- Mobile rules in the US now too
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals regarding online privacy, safety and security
- Why cybersecurity is patriotic and humanistic
- National Cyber Security Month: Why cyber security matters to everyone
- High school kids show strong support for First Amendment
- UN bringing child rights into the digital age
- IGF attendees complain about censorship in Turkey while some advocate it for youth
- Internet Governance Forum topics include human rights, network neutrality and child protection
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech