Guest post by Justin W. Patchin Without a doubt, parents have a duty to do their part to ensure that their kids do not bully others. They need to regularly remind their kids about the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated. They should talk about how some things we […]
Archive | Contributor RSS feed for this section
Some tips from News Corp/MySpace’s chief security officer for keeping your computer, home network, and personal information secure year-round
Hemanshu Nigam, Chief Security Officer and SVP News Corp., points out the best child-online-safety measure there ever was.
Family tech expert Robin Raskin points out that parents are using Facebook to check out the friends and activities of their children at college and says, “Give them some space!”
Ernie Allen, CEO of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, welcomes you to ConnectSafely and warns parents about risks kids face.
Donna Rice Hughes, chairman and president of Enough Is Enough, argues for a law that would help law enforcement and social sites “keep predators at bay.”
John Carr, Internet safety adviser to the British government, explains that it is possible for government, industry and safety groups to work together for the benefit of children.
The One Good Thing project
The vast majority of things that happen online are positive. Let's tell that story - together. Learn more
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Social media snapshot: Indonesia
- Of young people’s (not just digital) citizenship
- About our strange way of understanding teen sexting
- Zooming in on ‘screentime’ (this time with more precision)
- Protecting student privacy calls for student participation
- So-called Snapchat hack & the question of where to place trust
- Why defining ‘bullying’ is important for schools
- Does digital downtime fix FOMO?
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Media guidelines for reporting on youth risk surveys
- Online harassment is a problem we all must confront
- Digital citizenship applies to adults as well as youth: Conversation with Rebecca Randall of Common Sense Media
- Larry Magid speaks with Mike Ribble on the meaning of ‘digital citizenship’ (podcast)
- Digital Citizenship Week is a time to recognize youth rights
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals regarding online privacy, safety and security
- Why cybersecurity is patriotic and humanistic
- National Cyber Security Month: Why cyber security matters to everyone