Guest post by Justin W. Patchin Without a doubt, parents have a duty to do their part to ensure that their kids do not bully others. They need to regularly remind their kids about the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated. They should talk about how some things we […]
Archive | Contributor RSS feed for this section
Some tips from News Corp/MySpace’s chief security officer for keeping your computer, home network, and personal information secure year-round
Hemanshu Nigam, Chief Security Officer and SVP News Corp., points out the best child-online-safety measure there ever was.
Family tech expert Robin Raskin points out that parents are using Facebook to check out the friends and activities of their children at college and says, “Give them some space!”
Ernie Allen, CEO of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, welcomes you to ConnectSafely and warns parents about risks kids face.
Donna Rice Hughes, chairman and president of Enough Is Enough, argues for a law that would help law enforcement and social sites “keep predators at bay.”
John Carr, Internet safety adviser to the British government, explains that it is possible for government, industry and safety groups to work together for the benefit of children.
NEW! Subscribe to our newsletter
Please sign up for our email newsletter. We publish about twice a month (you can easily unsubscribe if you need to).
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- About our strange way of understanding teen sexting
- Zooming in on ‘screentime’ (this time with more precision)
- Protecting student privacy calls for student participation
- So-called Snapchat hack & the question of where to place trust
- Why defining ‘bullying’ is important for schools
- Does digital downtime fix FOMO?
- Powerful lessons for preventing bullying & cyberbullying
- Mobile rules in the US now too
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals regarding online privacy, safety and security
- Why cybersecurity is patriotic and humanistic
- National Cyber Security Month: Why cyber security matters to everyone
- High school kids show strong support for First Amendment
- UN bringing child rights into the digital age
- IGF attendees complain about censorship in Turkey while some advocate it for youth
- Internet Governance Forum topics include human rights, network neutrality and child protection
- Protecting children online needs to allow for their right to free speech