Guest post by Justin W. Patchin Without a doubt, parents have a duty to do their part to ensure that their kids do not bully others. They need to regularly remind their kids about the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated. They should talk about how some things we […]
Archive | Contributor RSS feed for this section
Some tips from News Corp/MySpace’s chief security officer for keeping your computer, home network, and personal information secure year-round
Hemanshu Nigam, Chief Security Officer and SVP News Corp., points out the best child-online-safety measure there ever was.
Family tech expert Robin Raskin points out that parents are using Facebook to check out the friends and activities of their children at college and says, “Give them some space!”
Ernie Allen, CEO of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, welcomes you to ConnectSafely and warns parents about risks kids face.
Donna Rice Hughes, chairman and president of Enough Is Enough, argues for a law that would help law enforcement and social sites “keep predators at bay.”
John Carr, Internet safety adviser to the British government, explains that it is possible for government, industry and safety groups to work together for the benefit of children.
The One Good Thing project
The vast majority of things that happen online are positive. Let's tell that story - together. Learn more
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- An app for teens that promotes (& gets) positivity
- Sydney: A hashtag for a city (and world) in need of healing
- Doxxing: Key Internet safety risk & what to do about it
- Social problem data & youth: Cause for celebration
- Of parenting & a class called ‘Wasting Time on the Internet’
- Takeaways from premier US anti-bullying conference
- Do surveys about parents’ concerns increase digital-parenting confidence?
- The next version of ‘Internet safety': A look under the hood
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Smartphones are popular holiday gifts for kids that come with responsibility
- Prepare your family-tech before a major storm or power failure occurs
- Safety & civility advice for anonymous apps
- Sexual harassment victim’s secret weapon — ‘telling their mothers’
- Google ditching CAPTCHA for ‘I’m not a robot’ checkbox
- Twitter improves abuse reporting and blocking
- Safe holiday online shopping tips
- Anonymous apps get bad raps, but they fill gaps: The good side of anonymity