Talking to your kids can go a long way.
Author Archive | connect-safely-main
by Larry Magid A famous cartoon from the New Yorker shows a dog sitting in front of a computer telling another dog, “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.” But now, thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about you. Or at least they might be able to find out. Online reputations are […]
Kids use cell phones in different ways than adults. It's time for adults to learn to text and kids to learn some safety tips.
Don't let your kids sit in front of a screen all day. Put them on a healthy media diet.
Researchers say kids' exposure to online porn may now be "normative among youth Internet users, especially teenage boys."
As presented by David Finkelhor, director of the University of New Hampshire's Crimes Against Children Research Center, on Capitol Hill
Talking with your kids can go a long way towards keeping them safe.
It's very likely teens are alive today because they used social-networking sites to reach out for help.
Parents who have seen "To Catch a Predator" ask how much they should be worrying about their social-networking kids. Here are some facts.
Larry Magid talks about new research that suggests we re-think Internet safety education.
The One Good Thing project
The vast majority of things that happen online are positive. Let's tell that story - together. Learn more
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Social media snapshot: Indonesia
- Of young people’s (not just digital) citizenship
- About our strange way of understanding teen sexting
- Zooming in on ‘screentime’ (this time with more precision)
- Protecting student privacy calls for student participation
- So-called Snapchat hack & the question of where to place trust
- Why defining ‘bullying’ is important for schools
- Does digital downtime fix FOMO?
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Media guidelines for reporting on youth risk surveys
- Online harassment is a problem we all must confront
- Digital citizenship applies to adults as well as youth: Conversation with Rebecca Randall of Common Sense Media
- Larry Magid speaks with Mike Ribble on the meaning of ‘digital citizenship’ (podcast)
- Digital Citizenship Week is a time to recognize youth rights
- Digital Trust Foundation seeking proposals regarding online privacy, safety and security
- Why cybersecurity is patriotic and humanistic
- National Cyber Security Month: Why cyber security matters to everyone