Talking to your kids can go a long way.
Author Archive | connect-safely-main
by Larry Magid A famous cartoon from the New Yorker shows a dog sitting in front of a computer telling another dog, “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.” But now, thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about you. Or at least they might be able to find out. Online reputations are […]
Kids use cell phones in different ways than adults. It's time for adults to learn to text and kids to learn some safety tips.
Don't let your kids sit in front of a screen all day. Put them on a healthy media diet.
Researchers say kids' exposure to online porn may now be "normative among youth Internet users, especially teenage boys."
As presented by David Finkelhor, director of the University of New Hampshire's Crimes Against Children Research Center, on Capitol Hill
Talking with your kids can go a long way towards keeping them safe.
It's very likely teens are alive today because they used social-networking sites to reach out for help.
Parents who have seen "To Catch a Predator" ask how much they should be worrying about their social-networking kids. Here are some facts.
Larry Magid talks about new research that suggests we re-think Internet safety education.
The One Good Thing project
The vast majority of things that happen online are positive. Let's tell that story - together. Learn more
NetFamilyNews – by Anne Collier
- Sexting & the plummeting teen pregnancy rate
- ‘State of the Union’ & the student part of student privacy protection
- Millennials’ startup: Social change in a social-networking skin
- Social media literacy in an app
- Kids’ top social media picks: Great new resource for parents
- Two 2014 anniversaries that say reams about our kids’ futures
- An app for teens that promotes (& gets) positivity
- Sydney: A hashtag for a city (and world) in need of healing
Analysis & News – by Larry Magid
- Ford CEO Mark Fields on mobility, connected cars & teen safety
- ClassDojo app offers students & parents words of encouragement
- Social media still growing, with Instagram leading the way
- Facebook to carry Amber Alerts — exclusive interview with John Walsh
- Connected devices at CES raise security, privacy and safety questions
- Researcher sets the record straight on teen sexting
- Intel CEO Brian Krzanich on safety, privacy & security issues of drones, wearables and Internet of Things
- Empowering youth to combat bullying & cyberbullying
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- blog post
- Bullying or Cyberbullying
- Commentaries – Guest
- Commentaries – Staff
- In the News
- Media Library
- Press Releases
- SafeKids News Analysis
- Safety Advice Articles
- Safety Tips
- social media
- Youth Rights